Terms and Conditions
Fees and charges
Fees and charges are not applicable to MTM employees.
Fees and charges relevant to each course will be set prior to the course being advertised.
The following table lists and describes the types of fees and charges that may be payable.
|Course fees (minimum fee payable)
|The base cost of your course. This includes:
Does not include the costs of additional materials, re-assessment fees or any incidental fees and costs.
Only covers the cost of uploading the electronic credential to the RIW system is if issued after 01/04/2020.
|MTM reserve the right to apply administration fees.
o Requests to substitute learners
o Requests to change course registration to a different date for the same course
o Requests to change course registration to a different course.
o Uploading of credentials issued prior to 01/04/2020 to the RIW system
o Change of name in the MTM LMS due to learner or Company setting up profile with non-legal/incorrect name.
NOTE: The above lists the known scenarios where administration fees will be applied. If other scenarios occur, learners and companies will be consulted before any administration fees are applied.
|Where applicable, material fees will be charged for specific resources that are needed such as: text books, protective clothing, tools and other items relevant to the course as noted in the course information.
|If a learner does not successfully complete a course/unit, they may be provided the opportunity to be re-assessed. In the event this occurs, a re-assessment fee may be charged. This fee will vary dependent on the course/unit they are re-attempting.
|Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) fees
|Only charged for those learners wishing to undertake an RPL application. These fees may be charged on a full course or per unit basis dependent on the course. The learner will be advised of the relevant fees upon application.
|Credential re-issue fees
|The re-issue of credentials (Certificate of Completion, Qualification and Record of Result or Statement of Attainment) will incur the following charges:
Refund of fees
Refund requests including the reasons for the refund are to be submitted in writing using the A4005 Application for Refund of Fees, addressed to the Business & Training Support Lead and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
Where a request for more than one (1) course date is being made, an A4005 Application for Refund of Fees for each separate date must be completed.
The outcome of the request will be advised in writing within 5 business days of the request being received.
Refunds will be applied as per the following terms and conditrions:
- Cancellations notified more the 5 business days prior to the course commencement will receive a full refund of the course fee
- Cancellations notified 3-5 business days prior to the course commencement date will receive a 75% refund of the full course fee
- Cancellations notified 2 business days or less prior to the course commencement date will receive a 50% refund of the full course fee
- Cancellations notified on the day of the course commencement will not be eligible for a refund unless due to extenuating circumstances (written evidence to be provided)
- Approval is not guaranteed. MTM reserve the right to reject any refund requests in this situation.
- No refunds will be issued after course commencement
- No refunds will be issued for non-attendance
- No refunds will be issued if a learner is turned away on the day of course commencement due to not adhering to our strict Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements as stated in the course information and email confirmation for each course
- To allow for the checking of prerequisites required for training, unassigned inventory must be assigned a minimum of two business days prior to course commencement. Course fees will be forfeited if inventory is not assigned by the due date. No refunds will be issued.
- MTM reserves the right to cancel any course that does not have the required enrolment numbers or in the event of exceptional circumstances. A full refund or alternative courses will be offered in these circumstances.
- If a learner is removed from a course as a result of learner misconduct, course fees will be forfeited.
Cancellation or change to enrolment
If a learner cannot attend the course they are enrolled in, the learner or Company must contact MTM at least 5 days prior to the course commencement date and either:
- Provide a substitute attendee for the course (an administration fee will apply)
- Request the enrolment in the course be changed to the same course at a future date (an administration fee will apply)
- Request the enrolment in the course be changed to a different course, if applicable (an administration fee will apply)
- Cancel the enrolment and request a refund.
Refunded course fees will be credited back to the account payment was received from.
Metro Trains Melbourne undertakes to make payment of approved refunds within 28 days of receipt of a written application for refund.
For further information on Fees, Charges and Refunds you can access the procedure here and the form here.