Track Vehicle Operator 1
This course involves the knowledge and skills required by Rail Safety Workers (RSWs) to operate road/rail vehicles on track in accordance with safe working regulatory requirements, workplace procedures in the MTM network.
The course will teach the skills and knowledge for RSWs to be able to perform pre-operational and post-operational checks, on tracking and off tracking vehicles, operating equipment, and completing required documentation. It encompasses the operation of all road/rail on-track vehicles.
The course involves the knowledge and skills required to safely access the rail track to run a track vehicle within a defined worksite and exiting a defined worksite, on the MTM Metropolitan Rail Network during rail work activities.
This course MUST be undertaken by any individual required to operate a road/rail vehicle within a “restricted” environment, i.e. within a worksite protected by a method of safe working.
Credential awarded on completion
This course will give participants the knowledge and skills to:
- perform pre-operational equipment checks
- on track and operate road/rail vehicle
- off track road/rail vehicle
- perform post-operational equipment procedures
- access defined worksite
- run track vehicle within defined worksite
- exit defined worksite.
Metro Academy prerequisites
- Participant MUST be 18+ years of age
- Participant MUST comply with Local COVID Safe Plans
- Participant MUST hold a current driver licence, have completed the approved MTM Train Track Safety Awareness course and been issued the following unit/s of competency:
TLIF0020 Safely access the rail corridor*
- Participant MUST have a current Rail Industry Worker (RIW) card / MTM Track Protection card.
- *(Units of competency considered equivalent on www.training.gov.au are also accepted)
- Approved photo ID MUST be sighted on day of attendance.
- Metro Academy will verify prerequisites against Rail Industry Worker (RIW) database.
- To prevent delay, participant’s ‘The Platform’ profile MUST contain current email address, contact number, RIW number and date of birth.
- Verifications will be completed by Metro Academy normally within two (2) business days of receipt of information*.
- *Participant is unable to commence training until verifications have been completed.
Participants who successfully complete all requirements of this course will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SoA) for the following nationally recognised unit/s of competency:
SoA and CoC will be issued by Metro Academy via email, normally within ten (10) business days.
The CoC competency is accepted on the MTM Metropolitan Rail Network and is valid for 24 months. This competency MUST be renewed before expiration.
RIW CERTIFICATE UPLOADS
Metro Academy will upload the participant’s certificate to the RIW database.
To prevent delay, participant’s The Platform profile MUST contain current email address, contact number, RIW number and date of birth.
Uploads will normally be completed within two (2) business days of SoA and CoC being issued.
Cost: $1200.00 (GST does not apply)
Duration: Two days
Delivery mode: Face to face
Venue: Rail Academy Newport
Shea Street, Newport VIC 3015
Proof of identity requirements
Participants are required to produce a valid Identification document (ID) on the day of training.
One of the following is considered a valid ID document, the document must contain a photo of the participant and be current.
- Australian or International Passport
- Driver’s Licence
- Driver’s Learners Permit
- Boat Operator’s Licence
- Victorian Firearm Licence
- Licence to Perform High Risk Work
- Consumer Affairs Victoria Proof of Age card
- Other Australian Government issued ID card
- State, Territory or Federal Government Employee ID
- Keypass ID card or Tertiary Education Photo ID card
Personal protection equipment (PPE) requirements
Participants MUST bring the following items on the day of training:
- Steel capped, lace up boots with ankle support
- Orange Hi-Vis vest
- Full length trousers
- Eye protection
- Long sleeve shirt
- Hard hat
Participants cannot commence training without PPE