Construction Induction (White card)
This course specifies the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work. This training meets the general construction induction training requirements of:
- Part 1.1 Definitions and Part 6.5 of the Model Work Health and Safety Regulations;
- Division 11 of Part 3 of the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 for Western Australia;
- Division 3 of Part 5.1 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 for Victoria.
This training does not displace site-specific induction training that will be conducted prior to commencing construction work.
As per WorkSafe Victoria requirements, a basic understanding of reading and writing of English is required.
Credential awarded on completion
This course will give participants the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify types of Construction / High risk Construction work
- Understand High risk licences requirements
- Understand Broader OHS framework
- Understand Legislative Requirements
- Understand Principles of Risk Management
- Duties of employers and employees
- Identify Construction Hazards
- Identify and understand Safety signage
- Identify Fire equipment
Metro Academy prerequisites
- Participant MUST be 18+ years of age
- Participant MUST comply with Local COVID Safe Plans
Approved photo ID MUST be sighted on day of attendance.
Participants who successfully complete all requirements of this course will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SoA) for the following nationally recognised unit of competency:
SoA will be issued via email on the day of completion of the program. The SoA is valid for 60 days to use as evidence in order to enter and work on a construction site.
A Construction Induction (White card) will be issued by WorkSafe Victoria upon successful completion of the course usually with fourteen (14) business days.
Metro Academy will apply to WorkSafe on participant’s behalf and typically the card will arrive in the mail approximately two weeks after completing the course.
RIW CERTIFICATE UPLOADS
Metro Academy will upload the participant’s certificate to the RIW database*.
To prevent delay, participant’s The Platform profile MUST contain current email address, contact number, RIW number and date of birth.
Uploads will be completed by Metro Academy, normally within two (2) business days of SoA being issued in The Platform.
* Participant MUST have existing RIW profile on day of course
Cost: $330 (GST does not apply)
Duration: One day
Delivery mode: Face to face
Venue: Metro Academy
42–50 Bakehouse Road, Kensington, VIC 3031
Proof of identity requirements
Participants are required to bring with them, on the day of training valid identification documents (ID). One of the following is considered a valid ID document the document must contain a photo of the participant and be current.
- Australian or International Passport
- Driver’s Licence
- Driver’s Learners Permit
- Boat Operator’s Licence
- Victorian Firearm Licence
- License to Perform High Risk Work
- Consumer Affairs Victoria Proof of Age card
- Other Australian Government issued ID card
- State, Territory or Federal Government Employee ID
- Keypass ID card or Tertiary Education Photo ID card
Personal protection equipment (PPE) requirements
Participants MUST bring the following items on the day of training:
- Steel capped, lace up boots with ankle support
- Orange Hi-Vis vest
- Full length trousers
- Eye protection
- Long sleeve shirt
- Hard hat
- Ear protection
Participants cannot commence training without PPE